So on eBay today you have the chance to be the proud owner of 6 Bungie game buttons.
But can you name them?
So a number of people writing in about the Marathon 101 Competition.
What's the prize?
What are the answers?
Who knows this stuff these days?
One insightful reader even offers a Marathon 101 question.
How many crushers are there in the first game? Choose the correct one. (5 marks)
1. More than 10.
2. More than 20.
3. More than 30.
Actually a similar question was asked in the 2nd Summertime Blues Competition in 1998.
Added the Summertime Blues Competitions to the Blasts from the Past section.
Who won that exclusive Marathon's Story page secret mystery prize?
The Marathon 101 Competition... continues:
Greg Kirkpatrick left Bungie at the end of 1995 to set up his own gaming company which was originally going to be called? Choose the correct one. (5 marks)
1. Nuke and Pave, Inc.
2. Destiny, Inc.
3. Aye Mak Sicur, Inc.
Strauss is gone. Whole sky alight as his ship set off. I might be the
last MIDA survivor on Mars.
Lots of folks writing in about MIDA and Strauss. So where is the MIDA section?
And some interesting speculation on Rampancy, Strauss, Durandal and... Tycho on the Story forum.
All these questions and more on today's episode of the Marathon's Story page.
- Did Tycho have a role in controlling Durandal in the 1st stage of Rampancy during the Marathon's 300 year voyage to Tau Ceti?
- Did Strauss really go into stasis for 300 years with a Rampant AI onboard the Marathon?
- What was the "chance discovery" that made Durandal's Rampancy possible?
- Who had a "brain the size of a planet" but had to carry out mundane jobs such as opening doors?
- Is there a fourth stage of Rampancy?
- What is the 'Holy Grail' of cybertonics?
The top seven pages people are reading. Or... maybe just looking at the pictures.
Why are they reading these pages? Is there a connection? Should you be reading them?
Durandal (part 1)
Durandal (part 2)
The Marathon Art of Craig Mullins
Jason Jones on Marathon
MIDA Was there ever a MIDA section? It's a common search term. Why is there no MIDA section?
Happy May Day.
Think you know Marathon and vintage Bungie lore?
We continue the Marathon 101 Competition.
Q9. Which map in the Marathon Trilogy series had all its geometry created while the creator was in a straight jacket, screaming at a nurse for munster cheese sandwiches and ginseng tea? Choose the correct one. (5 marks)
1. Ex Cathedra by Doug Zartman
2. The Hard Stuff Rules... by Greg Kirkpatrick
3. A Converted Church in Venice, Italy by Randy Reddig
Previous questions in the Marathon 101 Competition can be found here.
Question 7 and the answer from UrsusArctos
Go Back to Marathon's Story Home Page
***TRANSPORT WHEN READY***
Page maintained by Hamish Sinclair
Last updated May 20, 2022