level view - Salinger Line
Author: Chris Wondra
Notes: This map was originally part of Wondra's "The BioTech" scenario, and as such has been retextured a couple of times. C Lund has done some tweaking and debugging. Note that this is a vacuum level. From the player's point of view, this map is almost as complicated as "Five Finger Discount". From the mapmaker's point of view, it's more complicated.
Mission Type: Retrieval
- Entry point.
- Take this platform down one floor and go to 3.
- This room has ammo, rechargers, and a pattern buffer. Use them and then go back to 2. Ride it down one more floor and head for 4.
- In the area ahead and to the right of you are a couple of compilers and some fighters. The door to your right is closed. For now. Jump down to 5.
- Use the pattern buffer and head for 6.
- The platform ahead of you has two levels. The first takes you to 7, and the second takes you to 8.
- You don't have to go here to complete the mission. All you find is a bunch of pfhor and s'pht and a small amount of ammo. But you might want to go here if you're running low.
- a-f Kill the troopers at a and then send the platform down to 6. It might be a good idea to take the platform at b down to the floor as well, just in case you want a quick escape route. Take out the pfhor you encounter on the floor and tab the hole in the wall at c. Go back to b and wait for the blast. Return to c and go through the hole in the wall and continue to d. Flick the switch. If all you see on the other side of the door is a wall, then you forgot to send the platform at a down. Otherwise, jump across the shaft to e, and then head to f where you can jump down and go to 9.
- This can be a frustrating place for players unaccustomed to the bizarre midair-turning allowed by the marathon engine. Keep at it until you get to the top and head for 10.
- Clear out the monsters and go to 11. It might be a good idea to go to 3 first.
- There are a lot of pfhor in this area. You can save ammo by running around the monsters a couple of times. Chances are they'll start fighting each other.
- This is where you'll find the uplink chip you're looking for. Grab it and head for a terminal. Log on and you'll be taken to "Revenge of the Lysol Lady" via "Things May Happen IV". Note that when you step into the light a large swarm of fighters will teleport in.
- This area had a function in a previous incarnation of the map. No longer. It is now closed off and you can't get in.
- Smashing these wires will open the door at 4.
- Smashing these wires opens the door between 7 and 8c.
- a-b While standing at a, tab the light to your right and then go through the wall that opened at b. Then keep on going. You'll find a cache with lots of stuff, including an invulnerability powerup.
Back to the Level Flow Chart
Back to the Introduction